Engineering & Operations
Finance & Legal
People & Organisational Development
Quality & Regulatory
Research & Development
Product Manager Japan
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Galway, Ireland, with offices around the world, Aerogen is proud to be the world leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery. Recognised through multiple MedTech awards and eight-time winner of the Zenith award for Respiratory Care Excellence in North America, collectively our employees make a difference to patients’ lives every day, having already reached 16 million patients in over 75 countries.
Our talented and skilled team collaborate to innovate, challenge and test not only in relation to our products but every facet of how we work. We lead the way, finding innovative solutions to even the most complex problems, all in the name of delivering better patient care.
Our business is growing rapidly across the globe and as we grow, our core culture of “We Care” universally connects us. We believe that your ambition and integrity fuels ours and we are committed to supporting our employees to reach their full potential through tangible investment in their careers. Join us as we continue to #discoverbetter.
What is the role?
The Product Manager Japan is responsible for the profitable growth of Aerogen’s business in Japan, in line with Aerogen’s corporate objectives. The successful candidate will deliver on account targeting and partner selling strategies for Aerogen in Japan. The role will truly leverage the products, market, competitors, customers and industries to build marketing plan in collaboration with distributors in order to take market share, expand indication and create new segment in the market. The successful candidate will work with our Commercial Director, Global Marketing team, Medical Affairs, DMAH and Distributors to execute successfully against the strategy.
What are the key responsibilities?
You will drive Aerogen’s growth plan in both Wards and Homecare segments according to the strategic plan in collaboration with distributors.
You will achieve this result by focus on building relationships and partnering with energetic and ambitious KOLs in ICU/NICU to improve treatment method for patients by establishing clinical evidence and best practice. You will establish yourself as the go to person in Aerogen Japan for product and clinical information needed to conduct clinical trials, studies and research. Together with our Medical Affairs team, you will identify the best protocol for each hospital and doctors’ practice and will Support them in the execution of clinical trials, studies and research. You will also create the opportunities for KOLs to present case report, clinical results and interim reports at academic societies.
You will establish Advisory Board or Clinical Working Group to share information and discuss the best treatment methods for patients. You will plan and execute doctor to doctor advocate educational programs to cascade and disseminate superiority in safety, efficacy and efficiency of Aerogen’s products.
You will establish exceptional brand image of Aerogen and our products as new inhale drug delivery device. You will analyse, understand and communicate key market and customer trends and effectively leverage this information to gain a competitive advantage and strengthen Aerogen’s external image in the market.
You will partner with distributor and customer support from clinical/academic perspectives both in your marketing and product management efforts.
You will engage collaboratively with the teams you work with to meet strategic business goals and advance our go to market strategy. You will partner with colleagues across Aerogen to achieve companywide goals and you will contribute to innovation by sharing best practices and focusing on continuous improvement.
You will oversee the management of key customer relationships to foster customer advocates and help close strategic sales opportunities.
What education and experience are required?
• Bachelor's Degree is required; a Master's in Business Administration preferred
• 5 years + marketing communication or product manager experience working for global medical device company especially in the Respiratory Acute Care Hospital setting preferred and it is not mandatory.
What key skills will make you great at the role?
• You are a builder of relationship, and you leverage your strong marketing knowledge and market research skills to influence others.
• You are experienced in conducting clinical trials working with doctors and in doctor to doctor educational programs.
• You are collaborative and thrive in working with others whether they are in Sales,
• Operations, corporate marketing or work for our Distributors partners. While not directly managing a team, you can deliver through others and can mobilize others to act in lines with the set priorities.
• You are proactive and results orientated and have a passion for solving problems. You can both think strategically and tactically and can coach and mentor others.
• You are an innovator at heart who is not afraid to question the status quo and suggest alternative approaches.
• You know what it means to work in a fast-paced, high growth Respiratory or Ventilator company focusing on ICU, and you are familiar with both direct sales and distribution business within the Japan market
• You are fluent in Japanese and English.
What is it like to work at Aerogen?
Our purpose is to transform patient lives and our ethos is to #discoverbetter. This also translates to how we look after our people. We want talented, passionate and engaged people to join Aerogen and build your career with us. We understand that your life evolves through different stages, and we are here to support our global team with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. There’s something for everyone! Here is an idea of what we offer:
• Excellent medical care.
• Bonus & Pension.
• ‘Aerogen Connect’ – our employee led programme which supports our global teams to unite and have fun.
• We pledge 1% of profits and time to charities and organisations.
Check out our career's website to discover more about life at Aerogen
Aerogen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. If you have any difficulty using our application process, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and preferred method of contact.
Product Manager Japan