Engineering & Operations
Finance & Legal
People & Organisational Development
Quality & Regulatory
Research & Development
Medical Science Liaison
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Galway, Ireland, with offices around the world, Aerogen is proud to be the world leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery. Recognised through multiple MedTech awards and eight-time winner of the Zenith award for Respiratory Care Excellence in North America, collectively our employees make a difference to patients’ lives every day, having already reached 16 million patients in over 75 countries.
Our talented and skilled team collaborate to innovate, challenge and test not only in relation to our products but every facet of how we work. We lead the way, finding innovative solutions to even the most complex problems, all in the name of delivering better patient care.
Our business is growing rapidly across the globe and as we grow, our core culture of “We Care” universally connects us. We believe that your ambition and integrity fuels ours and we are committed to supporting our employees to reach their full potential through tangible investment in their careers. Join us as we continue to #discoverbetter.
What is the role?
The Medical Science Liaison will clearly communicate fair and balanced medical/scientific information to health care professionals and internal stakeholders. The MSL will search, critically evaluate, and synthesize published medical and scientific literature, clinical study data, or other relevant data sources to address medical information queries. The successful candidate will also review promotional material for fair and balanced scientific content, off-label language and claim substantiation. Develop trusted relationships with respiratory health care professionals and act as the point of contact for investigator-initiated trials.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Build and maintain technical and clinical expertise within the respiratory therapeutic area to engage in deep scientific discussions.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) through face-to-face (field) and virtual meetings.
• Ensure appropriate identification/mapping and strategic engagement of KOLs and Key Accounts.
• Provide consistent delivery of clinical, educational and compliant scientific information to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of the company’s products.
• Manage assessments, reviews, communication with team and track studies from approval to completion.
• Respond to unsolicited medical inquiries.
• Report technical complaints / adverse events / special case scenarios.
• Meet with KOLs on-site and virtually to establish Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) upon request.
• Serve as an advanced technical, scientific and medical expert, acting as a conduit of information about new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches.
• Attend conferences/congresses, collect and report clinical insights from conferences and external contacts to the appropriate internal channels.
• Identify and present research opportunities, when available, to support clients’ products and customers.
• Contribute to the enhancement of the company’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
• Utilize skills and understanding of the process of clinical research and product development and approval to bring the latest research and knowledge to the people who develop the products.
• Develop strong strategic partnerships with Commercial and R&D functions and contribute to strategy development and execution.
• Serve as a medical resource to R&D, Marketing, and Sales colleagues.
• Review promotional materials to ensure accuracy of medical and scientific content.
• Conduct routine literature searches to stay current with cutting edge research and support needs of the business.
• Additional travel requirements include monthly Medical Affairs and Commercial meetings in Chicago, and international travel to headquarters at least once per year to attend Global Medical Affairs meeting.
What education and experience are required?
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience required or advanced degree
• Advanced degree preferred (M.D., Ph.D., Pharm. D., etc.)
• Experience in Medical Affairs, preferred
• Respiratory and/or inhaled drug delivery experience is highly preferred but not required.
• Candidates must live within 60 miles of a major international airport.
What key skills will make you great at the role?
• Leadership, organizational, and communication Skills:
o Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
o Must be able to seamlessly adapt communications to audience, easily transitioning topics and tools in line with customer needs/flow.
• Ability to identify, network and partner with medical experts, including thought leaders, large group practices, and medical directors is required.
• Must be highly collaborative with at a track record of success through collaboration.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
• Innovative mindset and ability to successfully navigate change and ambiguity are crucial.
• Must be driven more by the success of others/team than personal success.
What is it like to work at Aerogen?
Our purpose is to transform patient lives and our ethos is to #discoverbetter. This also translates to how we look after our people. We want talented, passionate and engaged people to join Aerogen and build your career with us. We understand that your life evolves through different stages, and we are here to support our global team with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. There’s something for everyone! Here is an idea of what we offer:
• Excellent medical care.
• Bonus & Pension.
• ‘Aerogen Connect’ – our employee led programme which supports our global teams to unite and have fun.
• We pledge 1% of profits and time to charities and organisations
Check out our career's website for more information about life at Aerogen
Aerogen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. If you have any difficulty using our application process, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and preferred method of contact.
Medical Science Liaison
Central USA and Canada