Engineering & Operations
Finance & Legal
People & Organisational Development
Quality & Regulatory
Research & Development
Account Manager Tokyo
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Galway, Ireland, with offices around the world, Aerogen is proud to be the world leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery. Recognised through multiple MedTech awards and eight-time winner of the Zenith award for Respiratory Care Excellence in North America, collectively our employees make a difference to patients’ lives every day, having already reached 16 million patients in over 75 countries.
Our talented and skilled team collaborate to innovate, challenge and test not only in relation to our products but every facet of how we work. We lead the way, finding innovative solutions to even the most complex problems, all in the name of delivering better patient care.
Our business is growing rapidly across the globe and as we grow, our core culture of “We Care” universally connects us. We believe that your ambition and integrity fuels ours and we are committed to supporting our employees to reach their full potential through tangible investment in their careers. Join us as we continue to #discoverbetter.
What is the role?
The Account Manager is responsible for enabling the commercial performance of our distribution partners by providing clinical support and training on Aerogen products to the products’ end users. The Account Manager leverages their own deep knowledge of Aerogen products, services and processes to nurture the relationship with existing customers and follow up and develop new opportunities. The Account Manager supports the distributor to deliver the pipeline of sales by communicating the value of Aerogen products to the customers to overcome the clinical and commercial barriers to achieve the changes required of the customer to adopt Aerogen, whilst forging strong working relationships with cross functional teams especially Sales, Marketing and Medical Affairs.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Develop and implement an account plan driving Aerogen revenues through customer engagement (at all levels), territory/account management and effective collaboration with Aerogen OEM and distributor partners;
• Delivery of high-quality account action plan following Aerogen commercial excellence framework including:
o Key account performance based on account potential and ensure execution against these accounts.
o Reporting of weekly activities using the CRM tool.
o Leverage of omnichannel customer tools to drive / reinforce access.
o Leverage of global marketing campaigns.
o Sales support including training, support for distributor and OEM partners.
• Work with distributors partners within the region to align on strategic direction.
• Collaborate with distributors partners to align on focus for growth.
• Drive utilization of Aerogen’s sales excellence and learning management tools with distributors partners.
• Ensure strong customer engagement including systematic KOL engagement and close liaison with Medical Affairs in key accounts as required.
• Partner with Aerogen’s Marketing team on the launch of new products.
• Conduct, in partnership with the distributor, peer to peer and promotion events in their assigned territory/account.
• Ensure strong engagement within the territory governmental sectors main KOLs responsible for major tender procurements such as Ministry of health.
• Build an access to main reimbursement authority within his territory including main insurance company to enhance products being approved and covered under insurance umbrella.
What education and experience are required?
• BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in similar commercial roles within the medical device industry, and preferably respiratory industry
What key skills will make you great at the role?
• A challenger who understands well the customer’s business and uses that understanding to push the customer’s thinking and teach them something new about how they can compete more effectively.
• A results oriented individual who can assess the medium and long term impact of the solutions they propose.
• An innovator who is not afraid to try new approaches.
• A team player who constructively partners with others to achieve goals.
• Good understanding of financial drivers and ability to influence financial customers.
• Strong clinical acumen.
• Strong learning application.
• A learning partner who understands the company and knows the product and can effectively share their knowledge and enthusiasm with a new colleague.
• A relationship builder who can effectively work cross functionally.
• High energy and self-driven to achieve targets.
• Strong territory management skills and proven ability to drive multiple opportunities.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to manage a complex sales process that has clinical and financial customers.
• Ability to travel extensively domestically (approximately 80% of time)
• Ability to travel internationally as required.
What is it like to work at Aerogen?
Our purpose is to transform patient lives and our ethos is to #discoverbetter. This also translates to how we look after our people. We want talented, passionate and engaged people to join Aerogen and build your career with us. We understand that your life evolves through different stages, and we are here to support our global team with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. There’s something for everyone! Here is an idea of what we offer:
• Excellent medical care.
• Bonus & Pension.
• ‘Aerogen Connect’ – our employee led programme which supports our global teams to unite and have fun.
• We pledge 1% of profits and time to charities and organisations
Check out our career's website for more information about life at Aerogen
Aerogen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. If you have any difficulty using our application process, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Please include your name and preferred method of contact.
Account Manager Tokyo